I’m not as across the medical terms and stats and facts as a lot of IVF ladies seem to be out there. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?
Anyhoo – here’s a summary of a lot of crap (I won’t include the red wine ‘breaks’, but there have been a lot of them, too …)
– January 2009: let the joyous shagathon begin!
– April 2009: … erm …
– June 2009: right. OK. Not ideal. Don’t be a hypochondriac, now*.
– Late 2009: OPKs, charting, thermometers, spitting on a stupid bloody Maybe Baby thing, drinking, sobriety, positive visualisation, everything else in between … Being. Really. Patient. (grit teeth)
– January-March 2010: Meet our FS. Merrily chomp away at Clomid. BABIES HERE WE COME!
– March 2010: Right then.
– March 2010: Laparoscopy. Nothing wrong. Clean as a shiny uterine whistle.
– July-August 2010: ROUND 1 / IVF round 1 (5 day blasto). No bub.
– Sept-Oct 2010: ROUND 2 / FET 1, (5 day blasto). No bub.
– The rest of 2010, until April 2011: … Rest. Buy a dog. Work my ass off. Reacquaint myself with a gym. Reacquaint myself with a normal sex life. Cry a lot. Laugh a lot more. Block a LOT of pregnant people on Facebook. Eat well, drink well, be merry.
– May 2011: And here we go again! ROUND 3 / FET 2 (5 day blasto – our final frozen embie)
– June 2011: A positive pregnancy test, and then, almost immediately, a miscarriage. Life pretty much sucks ass right now
– July 2011: ROUND 4 / IVF round 2 (3 day emby, nothing frozen) Commence our second stim cycle, this time with an epic amount of meds backing us up. No bub.
– Aug 2011: Another break. Not as lengthy as the Oct-Apr one, but long enough to enjoy my thirtieth and drink many gallons of delicious cocktails
– Sept 2011: Um. A positive beta. And another one. And another (I really needed some convincing) … And then, a little heartbeat at 6 weeks … Wondering whether this may actually be it? Freaking. Out.
– May 2012: The Little Bun pops out into our lives, and an entirely new world of crazy begins
*I am a MASSIVE hypochondriac.