Round’s over – we’re finito ladies and gents.
IVF Cycle 2.2 (2 x stim, 2 x FET – thank you Chon for your excellent numbering system!) is officially over with NO positive beta and NO frozen embryos.
I have to wean myself off the Predisolone* over a period of two weeks but the rest of the drugs stop now. I should be starting my period soon.
We have our grand ol’ mighty WTF appointment on the 9 August. For the first time, we’ll be sending through a list of questions ahead of us meeting with Dr D. And that’s where you come in.
Have you found there are some questions you’d wish you’d asked earlier?
Some you didn’t know you could ask at all?
Keeping in mind we have a watertight case of Unexplained Infertility and a very aggressive specialist, here is our Starter for Ten:
- Outline exactly how this stim round’s egg quality differed from our last stim round in Sept ’10. What factors could have affected the drop in quality?
- Outline the quality of our embryos. There were three – one transferred at 3day, the other two didn’t survive to blasto stage
- What quality of egg and embryo would you expect from someone of my age? Am I below or above average? Has this changed in the past ten months?
- How did our first go at HA treatment go? Give us a rundown of Mr Bun’s sperm quality. Did the HA-ICSI help at all?
- Are there any more tests you’d recommend? You said you treated me for NK cells without actually testing me for them. Is it worth testing me at all?
- At what point would you recommend transferring multiple embryos?
And then, the biggie …
- How many more rounds would you recommend before we consider other options?
I dunno. Some of them seem so damn simple. I don’t hold much hope for a magic bullet.
I feel so disheartened that it’s hard to get up any positive energy about another cycle.
But, when Mr Bun suggested we wait until October instead of September for round 3.2 I felt a little panicky. Months slip into years and 2012 will be our fourth year of trying for a baby. So maybe there is some positive hope in there somewhere.
Maybe one of these questions will be the secret to success for us. Maybe maybe shmaybe!?
*really, do you ever stop and wonder what these drugs are doing to our bodies? I shudder to think. A post for another time … ?